Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Still Trying For Tampa

I'm still experimenting with getting us a deal for Tampa for our one night up-coming stay for Monday, March 23. I tried again yesterday, aiming this time for a 4-star in the airport area. Having seen on Bidding for Travel that someone had posted a win of the 4-star Renaissance for $60, I decided to go for it. However, that person had been bidding for a 3 1/2-star and was actually unhappy to have been "upgraded". (wtf???-some people don't get it, huh?)

Anyway, I didn't feel comfortable bidding on a 3 1/2-star in that zone, as it seems like most people have been getting the Sheraton Suites, which has gotten horrible reviews on Trip Advisor. So, yesterday, I decided to stick with the 4-star rating only, started with $50, and worked up to $61, using free re-bid zones. No go.

The past few times I've tried, I've been aiming for the Hyatt at Busch Gardens (3-star), that folks have been getting for around $56. Both areas, the airport, and Busch Gardens seem to be around the same distance to the relative we plan to visit, and both areas look like they have free parking. I would consider the downtown area, but it sounds like parking fees are pretty high, and we're just not going to be hanging out around town to make it worthwhile to pay the fees. I feel confident the Hyatt would be very nice, but $56 for a 3-star just doesn't meet my bargain-hunting needs as satisfactorily as $60 for a 4-star would.

So, I will keep trying at 24-hour intervals, and keep aiming for the best bargain deal. The fun isn't over for this one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment