Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Travel Challenge

So tonight I came home to a new travel challenge...the decision had been made as to a date for the Graduation Party for my Stepson. It would be Saturday, April 25th in Sioux Falls, SD. Yikes! That's not that far off...I knew I needed to get on it fast.

Sure enough, in the time it took me to book airfare, I saw it go up ten dollars per person. Not a lot, but STILL...

Of course, I checked for Raleigh to Sioux Falls. Would be great. But over $400 per person is not great. I knew Southwest was now flying to Minneapolis, so that sounded like it would be good. However, when checking for airfares, the lowest possibility was $99 each way before taxes. Again, not good, though better than Sioux Falls airfares. We were still talking almost $500. Checked Omaha next. Southwest. Same thing as Minneapolis. No lower fare than $99 each way. This wasn't looking good. Checked Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia & Travelocity. Checked different dates, as we didn't care which days we travelled. Finally found a $175 rate Thursday through Saturday. Checked something else, came back and that had now gone up to $185. DARN. Oh well, booked it as this:


2 adults: $275.34 ( $137.67 per person)

Taxes & Fees: $96.46



Total: $371.80

No comments:

Post a Comment